Thursday, February 14, 2013

Eternally Loved



I had the honor of helping my niece, Emily, decorate a shirt for her 100th day of school while I was at my parent’s house Sunday.  My sister-in-law, Emily, mom, and I sat around the kitchen table and glued 100 little hearts onto her white shirt.  She was very meticulous in her precise placement of her little hearts and giggled as my we burnt our poor fingers on the hot glue.  Emily had purchased glow-in-the dark puffy paint and decided to add the additional “cool factor” to the back of her shirt.  The three adults attempted to coach her into planning out her design prior to her dumping the glue on the shirt.  There was no reasoning with this sweet child.  She was determined and had me smiling the entire time as her creativity poured out.  Since the back of the shirt was turning into a big blob of glue, I decided that it was about time to help prepare dinner for my mama’s birthday.  After I took out the vegetables from the refrigerator, washed the produce, and began cutting away, I looked up to see Emily’s sweet statement of love for her cousin Grace.  She had me in tears…two times that day! 




When Paul and I entered the house that day, Emily ran up to me and shouted, “I have something for you and Grace.”  I just love how she speaks of Grace… like she’s alive (oh how I wish that were the case) and it gives me goose bumps up and down my body.  After she dug around under my parent’s dining room table, she came up with four Valentine’s Day cards for the both of us.  She continues to melt my heart and never ceases to amaze me.  The connection she shares with Grace is beyond comprehension.  The bond that was formed when Grace was in my womb has carried even after almost nine months of her passing.  Blessed is an understatement when it comes to describing my feelings towards my precious Emily.  She has helped me heal from her passing in more ways than one and continues to remind me Grace isn’t forgotten.  I thank Him daily for the bond… the cousin bond that was formed between the two of them.  I’m sure Gracie is smiling down and watching over her loving cousin.  Grace is pretty darn blessed to have a cousin like Emily! 




On a day in which we profess our love for the ones in our lives, I'm reminded by the greatest, most perfect and unfailing love of all...the love of our Savior.  We love today because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). If you don't have a special someone in your life on this Hallmark holiday, remember that you are dearly loved by a Savior that paid the price for you on the cross.  You are loved far more by Him than any earthly being.  

Happy Valentine's Day, sweet Grace.  Mama loves you to the moon and back! Xoxo


Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.  1 Corinthians 13:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...