Monday, November 19, 2012

Lovin' on Gracie

I still can't get over the fact that it's been 6 months since our little darling was snuggled up in her hospital blanket. I still take her blanket out of her chest where it is folded up in a plastic bag and wrap my face in it.  I draw in a deep breath to take in the sweet smell that still lingers within.  Looking at that blanket reminds me what a little fighter she was and it brings a smile upon my face.  On the edge of it there is a dried blood stain from where her sweet head rested.  The blood had soaked through her hat, onto the blanket, and even onto me.  My mom washed the blood out of a bonnet she had on and offered to take those home as well, but I declined the offer.  It was the only blanket and hat that she would ever able to leave her mark on and I wanted to keep it exactly the way it was!

The days leading up to her anniversary were filled with joy and happiness.  I felt like it was the first month where I was excited to celebrate her entering eternity.  I want to send a special thank you to any of my readers that had us in your prayers as Sunday approached.  I believe with my whole heart because of so many individuals out there who joined us in prayer throughout our journey, He has heard and answered every single one, along with walking with me every step I've taken...and when I stumble and go back ten steps, He's right there with me.  There are so many people in our lives that showed their love for us and our little girl yesterday that it took my breath away...from the early morning phone calls, text messages, e-mails, cards, prayers, and other remarkable things...THANK YOU!  Your thoughtfulness and consideration remind us how we want to live out our lives...to show others what Christ's love looks like.  

As I was speaking to, Michelle, one of my best friends since second grade on Saturday, she told me about this beautiful statue of an angel that wasn't to far from where she lived...it was called Angel of Hope.  On Sunday, I received this beautiful picture of the angel from her in remembrance of Gracie's 6 month anniversary.  She purchased pale pink roses (which her mom said meant "Grace") and placed them under the gorgeous statue.  I tried to look closely at the picture because I thought she had gotten her 6 roses for her 6 month anniversary.  As I zoomed in, I was struck by how many more I thought I saw. Michelle confirmed and she purchased her a DOZEN.  In all my almost twenty-eight years, I have never received that many beautiful roses.  I was blown away by her love for my little girl. 

When she sent me this picture, I remembered Romans 5:4-5, which says, "And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love" (NLT). Hope of salvation...hope that will NOT lead to disappointment...God loves us! What beautiful reminders on the anniversary of her entering eternity!  Praise be to Him!



 A very special thank you to my best friend, Micki, for lovin' on our sweetie pie!  You exuded selflessness and constantly help me to see that life is about making those around you feel loved and adored. Thank you helping me see the areas that I change so that I may too, build treasures in Heaven.  You've been such a wonderful Auntie to Grace and an unbelievable support system throughout this journey. LYLAS! Muahh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...