Thursday, May 2, 2013

18 Days of Grace: Quality Time

Yesterday I committed to honoring Grace's life in little ways until the celebration of her birth/eternal life.  Paul and I decided that since her life began with God and the two of us, we should spend quality time together while praising the One that fearfully created her.

Her daddy and I went to the gym and worked out side by side.  We discussed the blessing of her life and how God has used Grace to draw me into a closer relationship with Him.  Since it was so beautiful out, we decided to hop on our bikes when we arrived home.  As we rode down a trail that is nearby our house, we took in the marvelous views God created, smiled at the five Cardinals we came across, and laughed at one another's quirky comments and the days to come.  It was a wonderful time spent together in honor of her.  She was at the forefront of our conversation, and that made me one happy mama.

After I showered up, I spent the rest of my night getting laundry done, reading the Bible, and listening  to Like An Avalanche in remembrance of her.  I still get teary eyed every time I hear the lyrics, "And I find myself here on my knees again. Caught up in grace like an avalanche   Nothing compares to the love burning in my heart."  There were so many times that I was on my knees in my bedroom crying out to God for strength. I begged Him to heal her so that she could live a life here on earth.  Even though my prayer wasn't answered for her healing, I felt an overwhelming sense of peace and came to an understanding that His plans were far greater for her than mine were.  I ended the evening by praying over her wooden box and kissed her picture that rests on my nightstand.  I marveled at her beauty while thanking Him over and over for entrusting us with her precious life.  


We are surely blessed beyond measure to be called her parents. I do take great pride in holding that title.

Thank you, God, for blessing us with her life.  We are forever grateful! 

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I think it is perfect that you and Paul chose to spend time together to honor Grace. So many couples end up letting a hardship such as this tear them apart. Many times couples don't praise God in times of happiness but to know the two of you are keeping him at the center even when your world may be shaking is amazing! You are such an inspiration. I pray that this month will be a blessing to you and Paul and that you will continue to grow closer together as Our Savior works in your life... Love you lots sister!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...