Friday, June 1, 2012

2 Weeks in Heaven

What a gray day today...much different from the sun beaming down on the day of Grace's arrival into this world.  I sit here smiling and thinking about the city which does not need the light of the sun. My sweet Grace is there and the light of her Father shines brightly on her!  What a perfect picture!  =)

It's been two weeks since Grace took her last breath and entered Heaven's gates for an eternity.  It's been one week since I have had her ashes resting in her wooden box that her daddy made for her.  There hasn't been a day where I haven't  shed a tear opening up the box, kissed the bag her ashes rest in, and told her how much I love and miss her.  I don't think there will ever be a day where I don't think about her and long for that moment I can kiss her sweet cheeks, hold onto that precious had, snuggle close to her, and tell her how much I and everyone else loves her. 

K-LOVE's Encouraging Word of the day is:  And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them (Romans 8:28).  As my mom stated in her e-mail to me this morning regarding verse, "It is amazing to me that God continues to reinforce his message regarding your situation with Gracie."  It is amazing...absolutely AMAZING!  

Many of us do not know exactly why this happened to Grace, and we may never know why until the Lord comes again in His glory.  I think most people question 'why' when difficult things occur in their lives, it may just be a natural reaction.  But I know that our God is gracious and loving and does NOTHING without reason.  This is the Lord who gave up HIS own life on the cross for you and I...the same Jesus who holds us all in His keeping.  He does cause everything to work together and I know I can give my fear and confusion to Him and rest in the love of our Savior.  We do not need to know the 'why' behind our journey.  It is ENOUGH that He knows and that we can trust in Him.  


Gracie Pie,
   Oh honey, I miss you soo much! Every time I watch the DVD Kelly made for your daddy and I, tears pour from my eyes.  It's been a long two weeks since I last had my hands wrapped around your perfect body.  I praise the Lord who fearfully and wonderfully created you!  We have have such a loving Father and I smile just thinking about you and Him together.  I know you are in a better place angel, but my heart still aches from loosing you.  You are one of the very best things that has happened in my life and I am forever thankful that He blessed us with YOU! I miss you, my sweet Grace.  I find joy in knowing that I will get to spend eternity with you and the Lord that created your beautiful soul.  

Love Forever and Always,
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...